Donald (Donn) Cabral is an associate with the firm whose practice includes insurance coverage and defense of sports facilities and sports federations. Donn also has extensive experience representing clients in both negotiating sports endorsement contracts and resolving disputes related to them. Additionally, Donn has represented clients in unfair trade practice disputes and multinational clients in product liability actions.
Prior to joining Gfeller Laurie LLP, Donn graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Law where he earned his J.D. and M.B.A degrees. He was a CALI award winner for Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices and a Hyman Scholarship winner for Excellence in Real Property. During law school, Donn interned with the Connecticut Office of the Attorney General and in a private firm, gaining experience in a broad range of areas from complex commercial real estate development projects to corporate civil litigation.
Prior to law school, Donn graduated from Princeton University with a concentration in economics and a certificate in Russian. After completing his undergraduate degree, Donn ran track and field professionally and had the privilege of representing Team USA in the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Games.
- Led a settlement of a Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act claim against a publicly traded sports equipment manufacturer.
- Counseled various athletes entering into and navigating their endorsement contracts.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Men Make a Difference, Men Against Domestic Violence, Member
- Princeton Alumni Schools Committee, Volunteer Interviewer
- Keynote address, Girls on the Run of Greater Hartford, March 2021.
- Keynote address, Rotary Club of Glastonbury, CT, March 2021.
- Panelist, Princeton University, May 2017.
- “IOC Rule 40 Advertisement Rules,” Bloomberg News, July 2012.
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- Princeton University
- University of Connecticut School of Business
- University of Connecticut School of Law