Kevin J. Riexinger is Counsel with the firm whose practice focuses primarily on the areas of complex civil and commercial litigation. Kevin represents insurers in complex coverage disputes including cases involving allegations of extra-contractual liability and unfair claim settlement practices. He also represents clients from various industries in commercial disputes and liability actions, including defending sports and recreational facilities and product manufacturers in lawsuits involving catastrophic losses. Kevin also represents construction companies, engineering firms and design professionals in lawsuits related to defects and contract disputes.
Kevin also has broad experience in 1st and 3rd party insurance defense litigation,
Kevin is also proud to have been certified by the Connecticut Veterans Legal Center to represent the brave men and women who have served our country on a pro-bono basis before the Board of Veterans Appeals.
Outside of the law, Kevin has participated in “Tough Mudders” in order to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. He also braves the cold waters of the Atlantic each year in February as a Polar Plunge participant to raise money for the Special Olympics.
- Obtained an outright withdrawal of lawsuit for a national insurance company after investigation uncovered broad scale insurance fraud by insured homeowner seeking to recover benefits on an assignment basis by submitting falsified damage estimates and invoices.
- Successfully struck counts alleging breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing and violations of Connecticut’s Unfair Insurance and Unfair Trade Practices Acts that were levied against a national insurance company.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a national insurance company in a lawsuit for benefits related to a water loss at a commercial property based on a vacancy exclusion in its insured’s policy.
- Won a defense verdict at trial in favor of a Connecticut motel that was sued by a patron who alleged to have fallen on its property.
- Super Lawyers® New Jersey Rising Star (2021)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- “Combating Cyberattacks in the Construction Industry,” Law360, May 2019.
- “A Nuanced and Inconsistent Application: The Economic-Loss Doctrine as Applied in the World of Design Professionals,” DRI For The Defense, April 2019. (Subscription Required)
- “Construction Law: Advanced Issues and Answers,” National Business Institute, October 2019.
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Nichols College, B.S. Business Admin., magna cum laude
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.