Zane Johnson is an associate with the firm’s Connecticut office, and focuses his practice on a broad range of complex civil and commercial litigation. Zane brings a strong technical background to his legal analysis based on his experience developing and securing software systems for Fortune 100 companies, as well as his experience prosecuting patents and trademarks. This expertise has proved increasingly important as some of the top issues facing companies today involve software and data protection.
Zane is a graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law, where he was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Lawyering Process, Contracts, and Case Studies in Compliance Systems. During law school, Zane worked as a software engineer in the insurance industry and as a summer associate at Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider LLP. Prior to joining GL, Zane spent three years at McCarter & English, LLP, splitting his time between the Business Litigation and Intellectual Property practice groups.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Lawyering Process, Contracts, and Case Studies in Compliance Systems
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Volunteer Coach: West Hartford Youth Lacrosse League, West Hartford Wolves Hockey
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Union College
- University of Connecticut School of Law