Adam R. Dolan is a tested litigator with a multifaceted practice. He has extensive experience handling catastrophic transportation, general liability and products liability matters. He also handles federal civil rights claims, dram shop actions and subrogation matters. Adam has also defended Covid-19 related matters, including matters involving tort claims brought against Universities and researchers related to injuries alleged sustained as a result of the novel coronavirus. He previously founded and chaired a national Cannabis and Hemp law practice group and is a nationally recognized expert in the field. He has written over forty articles, co-chaired a national conference, presented at numerous other events and been quoted in multiple publications regarding his legal views related to this nascent industry. He continues to publish and speak on topics related to the Cannabis Industry and is a member of the Board of Directors for the Tri-State Cannabis Alliance.
Adam received a degree in History from Saint Anselm College in 2001 and his juris doctorate from New England School of Law in 2006. He is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey, as well as the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western District of New York and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Who’s Who in American Law 2020
- New York Metro Super Lawyers® Rising Star 2016-2019
- National Law Journal, Cannabis Law Trailblazer 2019
- Data Bird Cannabis Law Expert 2018
- Irish Legal 100: Irish Rising Star 2017
- New York State Bar Association (former chair)
- Construction and Surety Law Subcommittee for the Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section
- Empire City Mock Trial Competition: Judge
- “Potential Pitfalls with Adult Use Cannabis: What Both Employers and Employees Should Know,” Journal of Emerging Issues in Litigation, March 2023.
- “How State Cannabis Laws Are Impacting Employers and the Workplace,” Bloomberg News, March 2023. (SITE)
- “What Employees Should Know About State Adult Use Cannabis Laws,” Bloomberg News, February 2023.
- “Products Liability and Electric Tractor-Trailers,” Insurance Coverage Law Center and PropertyCasualty360, January 2023.
- “Autonomous Vehicles and Cannabis Transportation: A Match Made in Heaven?,” Insurance Coverage Law Center, September 2022.
- “Auto Claims & the Increased Interconnectivity of Transportation,” Insurance Coverage Center and PropertyCasualty360, March 2022.
- “Evolving Autonomous Trucking Vehicles Carry Additional Risk,” Insurance Coverage Law Center, October 2021.
- Quoted in: “5 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I started Leading a Cannabis Business,” Thrive Global, April 2020.
- Quoted in: “As Marijuana Laws Change, Does Trucking Need to Adapt?” CCJ Digital, September 2019.
- Interviewed in: “5 Questions You Should Ask in Order to Successfully Invest in the Cannabis Industry,” Medium/Authority Magazine, September 2019.
- Quoted in: “Fleets Must Maintain Drug Testing Regimen Despite Changing Marijuana Landscape,” Commercial Carrier Journal, May 2019.
- “Medical Cannabis and the Potential for Criminal Charges,” Martindale, February 2019.
- Quoted in: “Legal Marijuana Still a Liability Maze,” Advisen, December 2018.
- “A Year in Review: The Highs and Lows of the Cannabis Industry in 2018,” Claims Journal, November 2018.
- Quoted in: “State Prosecution of Medical Marijuana Execs Highlights Risks to Avoid, Lawyers Say,” National Law Journal, March 2018.
- Quoted in: “What’s Next for Marijuana Legalization in NY? Lawyers Tell Us,” New York Law Journal, February 2018.
- “Product Liability Risk Control – Part 2 (Legal),” QAcanna Quality Forum, April 2020.
- “USDA Issues Interim Final Rules for Domestic Hemp Production,” Timely Notice, January 2021.
- “E-Cigarette and Cannabis Industries: Protect the Public and Yourself From Vape-Related Illnesses,” Timely Notice, November 2019.
- “Into the Great Wide Open: Cannabis and the Unknown Environmental Risks,” SEIP 2019 Conference, October 2019.
- “Recreational Marijuana Legalized in Illinois,” Timely Notice, June 18, 2019.
- “Employer/Employee Relationships and the Proliferation of Medical Cannabis Use,” Perrin Conferences: Emerging Legal Trends in the Cannabis Industry, June 2019.
- “The Impact of Marijuana Legalization on Transportation: What Carriers Need to Know,” Truckload Carries Association, May 2019.
- “Understanding the Impact of Cannabis Legislation on New York Employers,” Associated Builders and Contractors Group of NY, April 2019.
- “Emerging Cannabis Issues for the Hospitality Industry,” Finance Technology Professionals – Northern California Chapter, February 2019.
- “Cannabis Challenges,” Timely Notice, September 2018.
- “Medical Professionals and Legalized Medical Marijuana – Navigating Murky Waters,” DRI Marijuana Law Seminar, June 2018.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- Saint Anselm College, B.A.
- New England School of Law, J.D.