Christine K. Blethen joined the firm in 2023 after spending many years litigating at prominent Connecticut firms. Christine has a broad civil litigation background, including litigating complex commercial disputes, significant accidents occurring in both workplace and private settings, employment matters, and general disputes. She has also successfully briefed and argued appeals before the Connecticut Appellate Court.
Christine currently focuses her practice on defending property management companies, sports and recreational facilities, colleges, universities and private schools, retail stores, and other commercial establishments, in civil litigation involving claims of personal injury. Christine also represents insurers in complex coverage and bad faith disputes.
- Successfully appealed a plaintiff’s verdict against a town official in a claim involving negligent performance of duties, and the Appellate Court entered judgment for defendants.
- Obtained the entry of summary judgment when an action was improperly commenced under the accidental failure of suit statute. Christine then defended the matter on appeal, and the entry of summary judgment was affirmed by the Appellate Court.
- Obtained the entry of summary judgment as to a plaintiff’s claim that defendant destroyed evidence and was liable for the tort of spoliation of evidence, resulting in the dismissal of the claim.
- Obtained the entry of summary judgment against a company’s former employee who sued for additional compensation in violation of the terms of the parties’ separation agreement.
- Skilled in positioning matters involving complex liability and damages for both private and judicial mediations for successful resolution.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- The Arc of the Farmington Valley, Inc. (FAVARH), Board of Directors
- VNA Healthcare, Inc., past member of Board of Directors
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Hamilton College
- University of Connecticut, School of Law; Notes & Comments Editor, Connecticut Insurance Law Journal