Deborah Dorio joined the firm as a Partner in 2022 after many years in private practice in Farmington, Connecticut. Deborah has concentrated her practice in the areas of commercial real estate, commercial finance, business transactions and commercial litigation and has represented many Connecticut and out-of-state banks and financial institutions, as well as loan servicers and bulk loan purchasers.
Throughout her career, Deborah has represented lenders in complex asset-based lending transactions, Small Business Administration insured lending programs, residential real estate, consumer compliance issues, troubled debt restructures, commercial loan transactions and litigation involving lender liability issues, loan workouts and commercial foreclosures and bankruptcy.
She also represents lenders in the development and sale of commercial real estate and REO properties, in the liquidation of collateral assets and in all aspects of commercial foreclosure and lender liability issues.
In addition, Deborah regularly represents purchasers and sellers of commercial real estate, multi-unit apartment buildings and shopping centers and industrial properties She routinely negotiates commercial leasing transactions for both landlords and tenants.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition and financing of a multi-million dollar medical office complex.
- Represented lenders in numerous appeals before the Appellate Court in connection with foreclosure and deficiency judgment issues including successfully arguing issues related to substantive and procedural unconscionability of a Settlement Agreement.
- Represented secured lenders in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 proceedings in Bankruptcy Court; negotiated Chapter 11 Plan terms with debtor’s counsel.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition and financing of multiple hotel properties in Connecticut.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County bar association
- Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Quinnipiac College, Bachelor of Arts
- University of Bridgeport, Juris Doctor