Olivia C. Tawa is an associate with the firm and practices primarily in the areas of complex civil and commercial litigation. Specifically, Olivia regularly represents condominium associations, retail stores, and other commercial establishments in civil litigation involving claims of personal injury. She focuses her practice in the area of recreational / sports litigation and regularly defends recreational facilities in claims of liability. Olivia also represents insurers in complex coverage disputes and matters involving allegations of unfair claim settlement practices and bad faith.
Olivia is a graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law, where she served as Executive Editor for the Connecticut Law Review and as a teaching assistant. She was awarded the CALI Excellence Award in Mental Health Law and the Elder Law Clinic. During law school, Olivia interned for the Office of the State’s Attorney in New Britain, Connecticut and worked as a law clerk at Sloane and Walsh, LLP in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Junior League of Hartford
- “Time to Swim – Insurers Should Take Notice,” Insurance Day, July 2019 (PDF).
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Bates College, B.S.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with honors