Shrina B. Faldu is an associate with the firm and practices primarily in the areas of complex civil and commercial litigation. Specifically, Shrina focuses her practice in the area of recreational / sports litigation and regularly defends recreational facilities in claims of liability. She also regularly represents condominium associations, retail stores, and other commercial establishments in civil litigation involving claims of personal injury. Shrina also represents insurers in complex coverage disputes involving allegations of extra contractual liability and unfair claim settlement practices.
Shrina is a graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law. During law school, Shrina was a member of the Connecticut Moot Court Board and represented the Board at the 54th Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition. Shrina also participated in the State’s Attorney Clinical program, where she appeared before the court as a certified legal intern and represented the State in numerous criminal matters.
- Obtained defense verdict for manufacturing client in Breach of Contract and Unfair Trade Practices case in the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.
- Successful in motion for summary judgment in Connecticut Superior Court on behalf of condominium association in negligence action.
- Obtained a defense verdict for shingle manufacturer in the superior court for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Super Lawyers® New England Magazine Rising Star 2016-2019
- South Asian Bar Association of Boston
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association – Insurance Law Section, Executive Committee
- The Bridge Family Center, Board of Directors
- “Understanding Your Risk: Insuring U.S Product Sellers Who Sell on E-Commerce Platforms.” Insurance Day, September 19, 2019 (PDF)
- “The Challenges of Insuring US Online Product Sellers,” Insurance Day, September 2019 (PDF).
- “The Expanding ‘Mode of Operation’ Approach in US Premises Liability Actions,” Insurance Day, September 13, 2017. (PDF)
- “The Continuing Debate Over Global and National Insurance Regulatory Reform,” The Whisper, Volume 10, Issue 2, February 28, 2014. (PDF)
- “Florida Supreme Court Limits Expansion of Economic Loss Rule,” Building Blocks, Volume 4, Issue 1, May 2013. (PDF)
- “Let it Snow! Warmer Winters Have Increased Demand Among Ski Resorts for Weather-Related Insurance,” Insurance Day, October 18, 2012. (PDF)
- “Data Breach Insurance – A Must for Resorts,” Insurance Day, October 4, 2012. (PDF)
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Syracuse University, B.A., cum laude, Phil Sigma Sigma Sorority, Phi Sigma Alpha, National Honor Socity for Political Science, Club Field Hockey
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., Connecticut Moot Court Board, Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition