Linda Hadley joined the firm as a partner in 2017 after decades of private practice in Hartford with Krasow, Garlick & Hadley, LLC. She represents financial institutions and corporate entities in commercial and consumer litigation ranging from complex foreclosures and construction disputes to evictions and adversary proceedings in Bankruptcy Court. She has been described as practical and pro-active and she is known for providing personal attention to her clients. Linda also provides regulatory advice and guidance on lender liability issues, and has defended numerous cases brought against Connecticut community banks and finance companies.
Throughout her career, Linda has provided counsel to lenders on complex loan transactions, loan sales and workouts. She has also represented developers and retailers in commercial leasing. Linda has also handled complex mergers and acquisitions both within the financial services industry and in connection with corporate entities and Fortune 500 companies. She has represented creditors in Bankruptcy matters of all types. She enjoys tackling difficult legal issues and provides a refreshing perspective coupled with a depth of experience.
Linda has tried a number of cases in Connecticut courts and has successfully argued many appeals in the Connecticut Appellate Court. She regularly participates in alternate dispute resolution which often results in favorable results without the need for protracted litigation. Mindful of client budgets, Linda will work with clients to control fees and costs while zealously seeking a positive outcome. She regularly assists clients in preparing for regulatory audits and provides advice on best practices and procedures for lenders engaged in collection and foreclosure matters.
Linda is often asked to speak on subjects relating to default litigation, regulatory updates and lender liability issues. She enjoys golf, yoga and reading fiction in her spare time.
- Represented Connecticut-based boat finance company acquired by a national bank.
- Represented the developer/landlord of a suburban lifestyle shopping center and drafted and negotiated leases for both local and national retail and office tenants.
- Argued (successfully) numerous appeals before the Appellate Court on behalf of various lenders in connection with foreclosure and deficiency judgment issues.
- Represented two Connecticut equipment rental companies acquired by Fortune 500 companies.
- Represented secured lender in complex Chapter 11 proceeding in Bankruptcy Court; negotiated Plan terms with debtor’s counsel.
- Represented ground lessor in sale of fee interest to ground lessee.
- Connecticut Super Lawyer® in Banking Law (multiple years)
- Connecticut Bar Association; Member- Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Community Bankers Association
- Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame – founding member, former Board of Trustees member
- Richard Salter Storrs Library, Longmeadow MA – former Board member
- Hartford Habitat for Humanity – Volunteer and Team Captain, “Women Build”
- WTM Youth Hockey Organization – Board member
- No Kid Hungry – Board member, “Feed the Kids Golf Tournament”
- Various Hartford Courant columns on real estate issues (condominium ownership, title insurance and lender liability).
- “CMBA “University” – regulatory compliance and closing practices.”
- “Connecticut Foreclosures” (Greater Hartford Board of Realtors).
- “Federal and State Forfeiture Actions” (CMBA).
- “Collection Do’s and Don’ts” (CMBA).
- “Legal Aspects of Buying and selling a Home” (CBA).
- “Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act Update” (CMBA).
- “Fundamentals of Credit Analysis, Financial and non-Financial Considerations” (Lorman Educational Seminars).
- “Collection Law from Start to Finish” (NBI Seminars) (multiple years).
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Colby College, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Boston College, JD, Staff Editor, Uniform Commercial Code Reporter Digest