Melissa M. Modzelewski is an associate with the firm’s Connecticut office. She practices primarily in the areas of complex civil and commercial litigation, with a particular focus in recreational/sports litigation and defense of recreational facilities. More generally, her civil defense litigation experience includes defense of condominium associations, property management companies, commercial establishments, non-profit and community outreach organizations, group homes, drug and alcohol treatment facilities, assisted living facilities and homeless shelters.
Melissa is an evening program graduate of Western New England University School of Law. She pursued a transactional law concentration and was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Trusts and Estates. Prior to law school, Melissa obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Suffolk University.
- Defended clients in complex construction defect litigation matters.
- Defended insureds in motor vehicle accident litigation involving high value personal injury claims and exposure to exemplary/punitive damages arising from recklessness allegations.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of Plaintiff’s claims against an insurer defendant after establishing that Plaintiff’s claims were barred by the anti-stacking provision of the UM/UIM statute.
- Western New England University School of Law Excellence for the Future Award in Trusts and Estates
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Connecticut State Courts
- Massachusetts State Courts
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D.
- Suffolk University, B.A.