Chimdi (Nwosu) Ginsburg Tuffs represents various employers and entities in complex litigation including employer, professional and executive liability claims, premises liability, trucking liability and product liability matters in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York federal and state courts. She draws on her vast courtroom experience as a former prosecutor in Philadelphia, and as a former felony sexual assault and domestic violence prosecutor in New York City, to develop an expertise in investigating and defending negligent security claims in the sexual assault context. She has tried many cases, both civil and criminal, to jury verdict and has experience in presenting before a grand jury. She prides herself on her aggressive, yet pragmatic, approach to litigation.
Chimdi’s insurance coverage law practice encompasses areas of coverage advice in both the first- and third- party contexts and related litigation services, including defense of bad faith claims.
- Defended employer against employee sexual assault allegations relating to the actions of a customer including preparing a nationally recognized psychological expert in the area of sexual assault for trial.
- Successfully defended corporate client obtaining a defense verdict after a bench trial against a Plaintiff in a motor vehicle warranty claim in Pennsylvania.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of a corporation after a motion to dismiss was granted in their favor against plaintiff’s personal injury claim in New Jersey using public records documents to confirm a lack of ownership and control by the corporation as falsely alleged by Plaintiff’s complaint.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of Plaintiff’s claims against a corporate defendant after discovery revealed Plaintiff’s claims were barred by the New Jersey Worker’s Compensation Act.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Star 2019 – 2022
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation – Judicial Internship Opportunity Program Co-Chair, Philadelphia
- Barrister’s Association of Philadelphia
- Temple Law Alumni Association
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Large Firm Management Committee
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Campaign for Qualified Judges, Vice-Chair
- The Monkey and the Elephant, Board of Directors
- The Wright Legacy, Speaker
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Columbia University, Columbia College
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law